Backtrack 5 r3 List of (some of the) new Tools and Programs
What are the new utilities included with Backtrack 5r3? I couldn’t find a list, so I decided to make one myself comparing BT5r2 with the latest version. This is not an exhaustive list, but hopefully it will help people see some of the very cool new tools and programs added to Backtrack.
I listed the program name and tried to give a short description of what it does. If I screwed any up, please let me know!
Identify Live Hosts:
- dnmap – Distributed NMap
- address6 (The Second “Alive6″ entry) – IPV6 address conversion
Information Gathering Analysis
- Jigsaw – Grabs information about company employees
- Uberharvest – E-mail harvester
- sslcaudit – SSL Cert audit
- VoIP honey – VoIP Honeypot
- urlcrazy – Detects URL typos used in typo squatting, url hijacking, phishing
- Apache_users – Apache username enumerator
- Deblaze – Performs enumeration & interrogation against Flash remote end points
- Tnscmd10g – Allows you to inject commands into Oracle
- BBQSQL – Blind SQL injection toolkit
- Blueranger – Uses link quality to locate Bluetooth devices
- Lynis – Scans systems & software for security issues
- DotDotPwn – Directory Traversal fuzzer
- Netgear-telnetable – Enables Telnet console on Netgear devices
- Termineter – Smart Meter tester
- Htexploit – Tool to bypass standard directory protection
- Jboss-Autopwn – Deploys JSP shell on target JBoss servers
- Websploit – Scans & analyses remote systems for vulnerabilities
Wireless Exploitation Tools
- Bluepot – Bluetooth honeypot
- Spooftooph – Spoofs or clones Bluetooth devices
- Fern-Wifi-cracker – Gui for testing Wireless encryption strength
- Wi-fihoney – Creates fake APs using all encryption and monitors with Airodump
- Wifite – Automated wireless auditor
A Bunch of Password Tools
And let’s not forget “Subterfuge” the MiTM Framework, and new Arduino support.
Okay, that is not ALL of the new additions, only a chunk of them! I believe last count there are around 60 new tools in the Backtrack 5r3 release. But don’t take my word for it, check it out for yourself!