A fully updated version of the very popular “Basic Security Testing with Kali Linux” is now available! Now totally re-written from the ground up to cover the new Kali Linux “2016-Rolling” with the latest pentesting tools and Ethical Hacking techniques.
I was honestly shocked how well received the first Basic Security Testing book was received by the security community. But all in all, it was my first book attempt and definitely had room for improvement. I was flooded with requests and advice from students, instructors and even military personnel on recommended changes and ways the book could be improved.
I took every comment to heart and with the help of an amazing editorial and reviewer team, that included a computer security professor and a CTF player, created Basic Security Testing 2!
- Completely re-written to cover topics more logically
- Better lab layout that is used consistently throughout the book
- Written for the latest version of Kali (Kali 2.0 “Sana” & Kali “2016-Rolling”)
- Includes an introduction chapter for the new Kali 2016-Rolling
- All tools sections have been updated – old tools removed, new tools updated
- Now uses PowerShell for most of the remote Windows Shells
- XP removed, Windows 7 used as the main Windows target (though Windows 10 is mentioned a couple times 🙂 )
- More tool explanations and techniques included
- 70 pages longer than original book
What’s the same:
- Learn by doing
- Hands on, Step-by-Step tutorials
- Plenty of pictures to make steps more understandable
- Covers the same major topics as the original, but using the latest tools
- The front cover, well, except for the “2”!
My goal was to provide a common sense Ethical Hacking how-to manual that would be useful to both new and veteran security professionals. And hopefully I have accomplished that task. Thank you to everyone for your continuous support and feedback, it is greatly appreciated!
So what are you waiting for, check it out!