Mutillidae Database Errors in Metasploitable 2

I really enjoy using Mutillidae, it is one of my favorite teaching tools. I usually run it on a Windows box, but when I went to use it in the Metasploitable 2 VM I was getting a lot of database errors. Scanning through the support sites and comments I finally found that their is a configuration file issue and wanted to re-post the fix here.

You need to change the database name from “metasploit” to “owasp10” in the “config.inc” file.

In Metasploitable VM navigate to /var/www/Mutillidae

  • Type, “sudo nano config.inc”

Change the database name from ‘metasploit’ to ‘owasp10’ :

metasploitable database error

metasploitable mutillidae error

  • Restart Apache by typing, “sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reload”
  • Lastly open Mutillidae in a browser
  • Click, “Reset DB”

You should now be all set to use Mutillidae!

~ by D. Dieterle on May 1, 2015.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: