Upcoming Security Conferences
Two of the most popular security conferences are on deck for this week.
Blackhat USA 2011 is going on now at Ceasar’s Palace in Las Vegas. There seem to be some great briefings lined up for the next few days. Some of the interesting sounding talks include:
- Hacking Google Chrome OS
- Black Ops of TCP/IP 2011
- SSL And The Future Of Authenticity
- Exploiting USB Devices with Arduino
- Corporate Espionage for Dummies: The Hidden Threat of Embedded Web Servers
And many, many more.
Also, don’t forget Defcon 19 is also on in LA, later this week. The upcoming talks there include:
- IP4 TRUTH: The IPocalypse is a LIE
- Chip & PIN is Definitely Broken
- Kinectasploit: Metasploit Meets KinectCipherspaces/Darknets: An Overview Of Attack Strategies
- Taking Your Ball And Going Home; Building Your Own Secure Storage Space That Mirrors Dropbox’s Functionality
And don’t forget – Three Generations of DoS Attacks (with Audience Participation, as Victims) by one of my favorite speakers, Sam Bowne.
If you can’t make it to the shows, check out the conference websites. Usually the audio and video of the briefings are released after the shows are over.